Monday, August 31, 2009

I need some savoury recipes

I can bake cakes, biscuits & brownies to my hearts (and my families hearts!) content, and my waistlines detriment.

Savoury wise, the only things I can cook (from scratch) are:
  • Macaroni Cheese (everyone will eat this, and have two or more servings)
  • Roast Chicken Dinner (my oven at the moment only has one shelf and I can either roast the bird, or do the veggies etc!)
  • Spaghetti Bolognaise
Of course if it's a matter of throwing it in the oven or in a pan and heating it that's fine, and I can do omlettes, pancakes, scrambled eggs, porridge.....

I need recipes that I can feed my veggie phobic 5yo (I can sneak a tin of carrots into my bolognaise sauce that's it!) and I can adapt for me (vegetarian) or add meat to a veggie base later.

We are BIG pasta fans. I don't like rice but everyone else does (DH makes it with oxo & veggies and Beth especially laps it up!). I would love to get the kids helping me but the kitchen is barely big enough for my fat arse, never mind adding a whirlwind child in there!
I can't eat much in the way of quorn (goodness knows why quorn doesn't agree with me but it doesn't) and I don't eat TVP/Soy/Tofu.

No comments: