Saturday, October 27, 2007

Breathe!

"If you know the art of breathing you have the strength, wisdom, and courage of ten tigers."
-Anonymous Chinese Adage


Breathing is one of the most overlooked aspects of good health. Oxygen is fuel for the brain and for the body. Good, clean amounts of it boost physical and mental performance and lowers stress. Whatever area you're building a foundation upon, your progress will only be helped by plenty of fresh oxygen supplied by proper Breathing.
(Courtesy of Sparkpeople.com )


I found this while searching for a motivational quote to keep me focused. I'm thinking "baby steps" is always a good one for me, I tend to try and run before I can walk. That, or "aim for the sky, you may hit the top of a tree" the sky is 140lbs.... the top of the tree is 150lbs. I'll be happy with the top of the tree.

I like this one too....

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence."
-Calvin Coolidge


Being persistent is extremely important when you are trying to implement a change in your life. You will accomplish much more by constantly trying than constantly giving up. Consistency is how you build a solid foundation. Without consistency forming good habits to replace bad ones or new habits to make life better will be virtually impossible. Of course, there will be failure…but that is when persistence becomes even more important. You must remind yourself of the concept two steps forward, one step back. You will overcome the failure and bypass it with even more success.

It's true for me too. I've had some set backs, but it really ahs been persistence that's seen me lose 32lbs in 2mos. I've gained and lost a few here and there (just about to do it again, darned periods!) but I know if i stick to it, I'll make it. Soooooo, I'm sticking to it!

No comments: