Thursday, December 11, 2008

Oh My Gosh.

Rick was 5wks old yesterday. And he rolled for the first time. First after a nappy change- so he had the slope of the sofa to help- back to front. He's only ever gone back to side on the sofa till now. Then last night after his midnight feed I put him on his tummy, went out the room to sort out the nappy wash and came back to find him on his back. And I missed it!! On the one hand I want him to do it again so I can *see* on the other.. he's a baby and I want him to stop growing up so darned fast!!

The boy doesn't like his pushchair when he's awake. I don't think babies under 3mos should be sitting in pushchairs... he's trying to change my ideas! He fights the pouch sling if he's awake and I can't find my thicker ring sling to use. He's still too skinny for the mei tei (my personal favourite!)
Maybe in the new year he'll have me forced to put the seat on the pushchair... he already sits up on your knee looking round really well. His head control is excellent (and has been for a long time) and he can push his rear in the air aiming for a crawling motion.

I think it maybe time to start thinking about a new one......... however I always nurse my babies for a year at least first.

3 comments:

clairemiddleton said...

So Rick has finally 'stuck' then? What does Clive think about calling him 'Rick'? He seemed pretty set on 'Fred' when I visited =o)

And how are the girls doing? Tell them I was asking about them!

Becky Fyfe said...

Rolling at 5 weeks is pretty early!

Cameron is two weeks old today and Robert just left for his appointment for the vasectomy. I know this is the right thing for us, but it still makes me a little sad.

Anonymous said...

just adore reading your blog...I am a bad writer so no blogs for me